Monday 12 October 2015

Anastasia Beverly Hills Haul/First Impressions

Recently I haven't been buying much makeup and have been having to save for varies of things, but I thought it was about time I made a little purchase and decided this would be the something really exciting for me. Anastasia Beverly Hills have came out with limited edition illuminators, as soon as I saw them I was sold, they do different shades such as a peach, rose gold, gold and silver/white. 

Unfortunately mine did crack on it's travels coming from the USA, and I also decided to purchase the cream contour kit along with it as I have wanted this for a while too. They're available to buy in the UK but the illuminator shade I wanted was sold out!



The contour kits have been raved about for a very long time, and since I decided to make a purchase from there I thought now would've been the best time to get my hands on one as I never got round to getting one! The texture is very light and creamy, not thick at all and very pigmented, I also actually found it was easier to blend with a beauty blender rather than a brush, well I found this worked better for me. All shades have recently been redone to make them cooler toned. It's not something I would use everyday but definitely something to bring out for special occasions for me. The shade 'Light' comes with a neutral vanilla shade, a light salmon and a banana shade. The bottom row holds different contour shades. left being the coolest, middle is more warm toned and the right shade is the darkest of them all


These highlighters are fast becoming the talk of the beauty industry, all over youtube and instagram, and I can definitely see why.. Starting with the embroidered pattern in the product is very stunning and I like the sleek black case, also including a large mirror inside. The actual illuminator is everything I want in a highlighter, Even though this is a light gold shade, it will suit all skin tones and it doesn't come up dark on the skin and reflects light beautifully. No shimmers or glitters are in it which is a huge thing I love about it, it just adds this wet look glow on your skin which is my favourite highlight look and is so pigmented, but however much you add it just doesn't ever look cakey, and you don't get a gold streak on the tops of your cheek bones at all. They have brought out different shades for different skin tones, colours and peoples preferences, worth every penny!


Love, Chantelle

No comments:

Post a Comment