Monday 16 March 2015

My Skincare Routine


 I've only just managed to find myself a full skincare routine which I find works for me, I rely on these products because none of them make me break out, and by using these I will only ever get the odd break out which I'm fine with! So I thought I would share with you which products I rely on to give me clean, soft, hydrated skin, I really love doing this whole routine maybe twice a week depending on what I do, if I am going out in the evening I like to do this earlier in the day or the night before as I'll know my skin will be at it's best, soft, smooth, hydrated, exfoliated and clean, which makes the makeup application go on better and look better overall..


L-R: Clarins One Step Facial Cleanser, Sanctuary Spa Exfoliator, Sanctuary Spa Detox Mask, Soap And Glory Youthful Serum, The Body Shop Vitamin E Face Mist, Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturiser, The Body Shop Vitamin E Oil


Of course, to start with removing any makeup or dirt on the skin already before we can fully cleanse the skin, this is the product I like to use, I did expect it to smell of oranges, but it doesn't which I was disappointed about! This is an oil cleanser which you have to shake before every use as the oil separates from the solution, it's really good at removing makeup easily and it leaves your skin moisturised and not tight

I then like to exfoliate using this, it's like a gel form with beads in, I do think my skin looks more awake and refreshed after using this product, and it does a good job at exfoliating without it being too abrasive  

Next I use a face mask, recently I have been trying out this one, I do like the fact it heats up on the face, and they say use it on damp skin, so the product can spread evenly on your skin as it is very thick, and the water also helps it to heat up more, but unfortunately I haven't seen a dramatic difference in my skin, it does look a tiny bit clearer but not much at all


I don't know an awful lot about serums, I know they soak into the skin and go deep into the layers to help plump and tone, I don't know if that's all they do or not, but I like to use just a drugstore one to see if it'll help my skin, I guess you'll only notice a difference when you start to age, but I thought I may as well use one if it's claiming to help with that, I do love the smell of this one, it's almost refreshing and does really absorb very quick

I know we don't take in Vitamin E into our bodies as much as we should, so I thought I would try and include some Vitamin E products to my skincare , and I do think my skin is benefiting from it as it does seem to be happier with me! This is also really refreshing to spritz over your face and it absorbs quite fast!

For my day moisturiser I like to use this one, it is thicker than some moisturisers, as it's meant to help hydrate your skin, and I have noticed a difference with this, I don't have dry skin, but when I apply makeup, my foundation would show dry flaky patches on my skin which was really bazaar as I don't have dry skin, but I thought I would try this out anyway, and now my skin is perfectly fine when I apply foundation! I think my skin was more dehydrated than dry and it's important to know the difference between these factors so you know how to treat your skin

For night time, I like to use this oil, again as it's an oil it'll really penetrate the skin overnight, also because it's an vitamin E oil, this will help your skin looking brighter, hydrated and plumped

What's a staple skincare product in your routine?

Love. Chantelle

No comments:

Post a Comment