Wednesday 14 January 2015

New Year, New Makeup

Firstly, Happy New Year! I hope you all had the best Christmas and New Year and I hope the New year brings you all nothing but happiness!

I have had a lot of new editions to my makeup collection recently and thought I would share them with you all, some now aren't so new because I have been waiting for them all to arrive! So some are from before Christmas, some were Christmas Presents and some literally just arrived in the post now! But they're all still new to me and I love seeing what people have been buying so I thought you guys might like to see what I've been buying..


YSL Touche Eclat Foundation 'BD20' £25.88 OFFER
This foundation is great if you want a natural medium coverage with a dewy finish and a glowing look to it, it's everything you need to make your skin look healthy and illuminated, it blends seamlessly into the skin making your skin look perfect without looking and feeling like you're wearing foundation, but still covers everything you need it to, the shade I have is a great for light to slightly tanned skin tones with a yellow undertone

Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder 01 £18.50
You might see a theme here that I am trying out loads of new products to help brighten and illuminate my complexion and to make it glow, this powder is great for setting concealer and to be used anywhere you want to brighten, it's a white translucent powder with small light reflective particles to really brighten and lighten, it's also really good at preventing concealer creasing, and you only need the tiniest amount

Lancome Grandoise Mascara £24.50
I have been using this mascara for about a month now, and I'm still deciding whether I really love it or not, it is a nice mascara, it lifts your eyelashes making your eyes look more open and adds really nice volume to your lashes, but the mascara doesn't do anything mind blowing for me for the price of it, I find Maybelline The Falsies is a good dupe for the mascara, and I think you do pay for the packaging of it also, but it is a lovely mascara and if you can get some sort of discount of the price, then I would suggest you try it out!

Mac 'Jubilee' Lipstick £15.50
I have wanted this lipstick for years, and I finally caved in and treated myself, it's a gorgeous creamy brown nude shade, which I love to wear when I am at my palest and I prefer wearing it without bronzer, but this lipstick shade matches every single skin colour! I think it's the perfect nude for everyone! It's lovely and moisturising and applies really easily


YSL Touche Eclat Concealer '02' £25
This concealer is basically the foundation but in a lighter more liquid form, I have the shade 02, which is a light ivory shade, amazing for brightening up the under eye, if you are looking to brighten, you need to go for a shade which has a peach or ivory tone to it! It awakens your eyes and conceals everything I want it to, I know some people say it's a highlighting pen not concealer, and I do use it down my nose as a highlight but I do love it under my eyes, and it doesn't crease like some of my other concealers do, and paired up with the Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder they work like a dream

Sleek Blush 'Flushed' £4.49
This is my favourite blush that I own, the colour is so me, a deep berry-plum red, I must admit, I haven't even used it yet! But from swatching it it feels creamy and not chalky, and is very pigmented, I do recommend all sleek blushers as they have the most amazing shades and a few dupes for NARS!

Urban Decay Naked Basics 2 £22
This palette is great for everyone, someone who needs some good matte shades or someone who's a beginner in makeup, we all need them matte browns and matte highlight shades, if you're into eye shadows, this is a staple must-have which you need in your makeup collection, some of them can feel a little chalky, but they have amazing pigmentation and blend lovely on the eyes

Sleek Contour Kit 'Light' £6.49
This is in my everyday makeup routine as I love the highlight shade for everyday, the contour shade is great for fair and tanned skin as it doesn't have any orange or red undertones in it, the highlight is a champagne shade which I think will love amazing on every skin colour, it's very pigmented so you only need a small amount, and gives the most amazing glow on your cheekbones

By Terry Black Ombre Shadow Stick 'Misty Rock' £29
I haven't tried many cream eye shadows, but I can fully say this will be one of the best cream eye shadows I will ever try, it's a purple with silver glitters which makes it look like a purple-grey rock sort of shade, it sets after a few minutes and will not budge all day and all night, it's very easy to apply and is very pigmented!

Mac Pro Longwear Concealer 'NC20' £17
I wanted to add a full coverage concealer into my collection for those times when I have something which needs covering urgently, and for when I go out and want to go for more of a flawless look, it's a medium consistency, not too runny or too thick, and you only need the smallest amount!

Urban Decay Naked Flushed Palette 'Strip' £16.50 OFFER
This is the newest to my collection and the most exciting one out of them all, a bronzer, highlight and blush in one! Not to mention a reasonable sized mirror which makes this ideal for travelling! The bronze shade is quite orange toned but I am yet to use it to see how it'll look on me and has a lovely glow to it, the highlighter is a nude gold sort of shade which has a few glitter particles in it, but is such a gorgeous shade, and the blush is a musky mauve pink which is matte, all of the shades are super pigmented and I can see myself using this palette a lot!


What are your newest additions to your makeup collection?

Love, Chantelle

Bloglovin' | Instagram | Twitter | Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment