Monday 6 October 2014

My Autumn Must-Haves (Beauty Addition) | Collab With xprincessjas

I have a lot of things which I definitely need for Autumn, as the months get colder, you seem to need more things to keep your skin hydrated, warmer clothes etc! So today's post is just about all of my beauty must haves for Autumn. 

Jasmine from 'xprincessjas' and I decided we would do a collaboration on our must-haves! She's an old friend of mine who posts really honest reviews on products, also posts very regularly! Check her Autumn must-haves here.. Jasmine's Autumn Must-Haves



L-R: Revlon Lip Butter, Clinique Cheek Balm, Mac 'Soft & Gentle', Mac 'Woodwinked'

Makeup -
My skin can tend to get more dry in the Winter like most peoples skin, so I like to wear a foundation which is quite dewy to help my skin to glow and look less dull, also to keep it hydrated. This gives a medium coverage and is a great yellow undertoned shade for me 

'Plumped Up Peony'
I love wearing seasonal makeup, so having a berry shade blush is a must have for me, this is actually in a stick cream form which is less drying than a powder blush but still offers that great colour pay off. I like to blend this in with my fingers for a natural effect

Revlon Lip Butter 'Sugar Plum'
Berry and plum shades are my favourite to wear in Autumn, so this is my staple lipstick of this year, it's super moisturising and buttery but still so pigmented, I also like 'Pink Truffle' for this time of the year too

Mac Mineralize Skinfinish 'Soft & Gentle'
This is a great highlighter, I like to use this on my cheek bones, and a tiny bit on my temples and down my nose. Again this will help give back that glow into our dry/dull looking skin from the cold weather, it's also a really natural champagne shade, can be applied subtly or more full-on

Again with the seasonal colours, this is a lovely darker gold shade with a really nice warm rose gold undertone when you blend this out, so you can either pack it on for the dark gold shade, or blend it out for the rose gold which I think is so good, I am all about warm eyeshadows for Autumn, it also has a lovely shimmer, not too dramatic but makes the eyes pop



Beauty
Nobody wants chapped lips in the cold weather, so this is my saviour to prevent that, it's very rich and very moisturising, it's not only for the lips but is for any part of the body which needs a little bit of help with dryness, face, elbows, knees.. The hole lot! It does have a strong smell to it so if you don't like that this might not be for you

It's all about keeping the skin moisturised in the colder months for me, so this is the cleanser which I love, as it's like a hard oil in the tub, anything oil based is going to keep your skin lovely and nourished, also this removes my makeup very effectively because it's an oil. It's also for all skin types

This smells incredible may I just say firstly, very girly and feminine, but also this is a rich butter that keeps my skin really soft and moisturised, I've not seen my skin dry in a very long time due to this and I don't even use it everyday..

Johnson's 24 Hour Moisture Hand Cream
Hand cream is very important for the cold weather and usually our hands are what are mostly exposed to the cold as well as our face, so we need to look after them and treat them with a lovely hand cream, you can't go wrong with Johnson's, there range is very gentle and light, and very affordable! This is the Shea & Cocoa butter scent

Finally, I always have a perfume which I wear in the colder months, last year I received this as a present and now it just reminds me of the colder months so this is what I'll be wearing this year also, it's a very unique scent, it's a mixture of fresh, sweet and musk I think, definitely no floral notes and it isn't overly sweet either

Remember to check out Jasmine's post and Blog, you can also find her on Instagram & Twitter!

What's your Autumn must-haves?

Love, Chantelle

No comments:

Post a Comment